Monday 19 July 2010

Marvel-lous.


I've just been away for the weekend. And last week, my new iPhone arrived. Safe in the knowledge I wasn't going to get any reception unless I held it suspended with a piece of string, I decided to investigate more and more apps. My old iPhone was full of useless junk, silly apps that I'd forgotten to get rid of, and really didn't need. No more, as I decided that my new phone would be sleek, useful and cool. It was then that I stumbled upon the Marvel Comics app, and was taken aback.


I wasn't sure what to expect. To be totally honest, I was expecting some scanned-in JPEGs, for twice the price. But no! Somewhere inbetween a PowerPoint presentation and a TV Cartoon series, the comics take on a whole new form, as the frames have dynamics, and really add to the pacing of the story.

And the store is actually easy to use. unlike some of the other comic shops I've used since, the Marvel and DC store are incredibly easy to use. Let's not kid ourselves, they want our hard-earned dollars, but they do it in such an easy and pleasurable way, it makes for a very pleasant experience. Like being robbed by your nan. They do some good introductory comics for free, that entice you in and show you the brilliance of the work they've done.

So far, I've been enjoying the House of M series, and have realised this is going to open another dimension into how many comics I'm going to read. If you haven't checked it out yet, give it a look. It may just reignite the love affair with the idiot's novel once more. It may even make you find something stupid in a Museum gift shop, pretending you're Dr Doom.


Oh dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment