Friday 27 August 2010

Summer Drought: Part 2


Summer is nearly over. We've endured the long, arduous times of barren gaming and shitty release schedules, and we're nearly into the Christmas Bonanza. But there's still a week or two to go, so we thought we'd let some other cool hombres give you their advice on how to survive the last of the Gaming Drought. Enjoy!


GodOnlyKnows. Segway Rider. iPad Gamer

How are you coping with the summer drought in games?

Man, I'm glad of it. My pile of shame is immense. I've made hardly any inroads into Red Dead Redmption, want to finish Mass Effect so I can start ME2 and of course this WoW expansion has only a few months left to run and I still haven't nailed that pesky Lich King!

What are you playing to keep yourself ticking over?

See above. However, it's fair to say I'm being diverted massively by the iPhone and iPad. Nothing really outstanding, but so much of it! I seem to spend entire evenings downloading shitty games and versions of board/card games, etc. There are some real gems out here in the ocean of shit. I recommend Small World for iPad and Pocket Legends for iPhone has me quite intrigued.

What advice do you have to help people survive until October (the pre-christmas releases start then)?

Sports titles! Be a man about it and pick up this year's Tiger or Madden. These games are getting better year on year and make for such awesome evenings with your chums.

Kif. Comic Book Guy. Battlefield Hero.

How are you coping with the summer drought in games?

At the minute I seem to be playing a lot of social games. Just moved into a new place and I'm not online, this has forced me - rather nicely - to play more socially with people. NHL 2010, or UFC, Fight NIght 4, just games on the same screen with mates taking turns and having a laugh. Not done this in years really, just been shooting random faceless people. But it is actually quite cool to get a bit of friendly/insulting banter on the go while you pummel your friend into the middle of next week. Winner stays on!

What are you playing to keep yourself ticking over?

Apart from the above mentioned games, I've been getting stuck into Alan Wake again, trying to do the little missions or finding out a gamer point challenge and seeing if i can crack it. I'm at the moment pondering having another go at Fallout 3 and wondering whether I can commit 80 hours of my life to it again. I guess I'm revisiting stuff and playing competative games with friends.

What advice do you have to help people survive until October (the pre-christmas releases start then)?

I say get stuck into something you love again, some survival horror, or one of the many games you've got lying on a shelf which you havent finished yet. I've got a few like that, havent finished Red Dead yet! I loved it just didn't finish it then moved onto something else.

GorillaMonsoon.
Man of few Words.

"Multiplayer Sports Games."

No comments:

Post a Comment