Saturday 23 October 2010

New Vegas, New Challenges.


I don't really want to say much, as I'm a bit busy playing it, but oh my lord, it's good.

You'll be hearing that everywhere, so I reckon I'll concentrate on the collectors edition, and how flabbergasted I am with it. They know their target audience, as they even came numbered. Look, here's mine:


The sheer quality of this product has astounded me. The box, the flipping box, is even mock leather. How many times have you sat and felt a box? Well when I got mine I spent at least five minutes just stroking it. I'm pretty sure that makes me a mentalist, but I don't care.

And when we open the box? It just gets better. The poker chips are so detailed, the Platinum Chip has been designed with so much care, and the cards are so, so beautiful. This is a product made for gamers. Something so lovingly created, so precise is just a joy to behold, and shows just what a special edition should be, and makes it an absolute must.


Fuck you Call of Duty, with your shallow attempt at prying more money from gamers. Fuck you bullshit downloadables, and your shitty medal. Fuck your £25 medal. THIS is what it's all about. This is the heart of the special edition, and makes the game that little bit more unforgettable.

Fable 3 next week. Let's see if that Special Edition can match it. Now if you don't mind, I'm back off to New Vegas. You dig?

No comments:

Post a Comment