Thursday 11 March 2010

Gainboy Goes Casual: Looking A Gifted Horse In The Mouth.


Ok, so I've got started. Basically, it's Harvest moon, without any button pressing, and all based on time-lapsing. I've planted myself a serious Soybean patch, as they are quick-growing and good-yielding crops. I've also been gregarious with my hard-earned coins and bought myself a chicken, and a tree. I really am living the life.

My Farm. And My Moustache.

It's very slow to get going though. It seems the main factor in this game is time. You have to leave things to mature, grow, ready to harvest. Common sense, really, as this game is clearly built to be a task you do in the day, a little pleasant chore when you get in from work. Bizzarre, as most games I've played allow you to dive in, and have to make you tear yourself away from the game, whereas Farmville actively encourages you to turn it off. So why is it so addictive? I guess I need to carry on.

I've also been befriended by a neighbour (a friend on Facebook who plays it), and they gave me a horse. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with the horse. Maybe make glue. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment