Wednesday 10 March 2010

Gainboy Goes Casual


Fuck WoW. How many players has it got? 11 million. Pathetic. What an amateur MMORPG. What childs play. How about 88 Million? How about just over 1% of the entire population of the earth playing it? Sounds more rugged, sounds more hardcore, sounds more like a real game doesn't it? A real, well-rounded game that defines gaming, and proves the hardcore fans right, that gaming is true art, right? Well, you're wrong. It's Farmville, on Facebook.



20% of ALL Facebook plays this game. In fact, reading up on it scares the life out of me. Is THIS the real future of gaming? With such a massive installed base of fans and loyal gamers, are the mainstream right, is this a fun, addictive and free way to get your gaming fix. Unfortunately, I'm going to find out.

In the interests of Fairness, I'm going to play Farmville, to find out whether or not the masses are right, and if I can get my gaming kicks on a web browser, for free. I'm not looking forward to this, I have Heavy Rain sat on my desk, along with Battlefield: BC2. But I've got to take one for the team. I'll be reporting my findings as and when something happens/doesn't happen, and I'll play it for as long as I can stand it. Who knows, I might get addicted, and move to a smallholding in Dorset to realise my dreams.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment